In observance of Good Friday, a holiday on our school calendar, we will be providing Friday’s school meals with Thursday school meal pickup.
Ben Alexander students
Nor-Lea Hospital District – Update #2
Pandemic Action Plan: Activated www.nor-lea.org
Alert Status: Red
April 3, 2020
215,417 total cases / 5,116 deaths
New Mexico Status:
403 cases / 7 deaths
2 cases / 0 deaths
- Nor-Lea has remained at alert status red with its pandemic plan. Surge plan is being implemented:
- Bed capacity has been increased from 21 to 33 with 4 potential ICU beds.
- ER bed capacity increased by 40%.
- Additional drive- up screening sight set up in Hobbs at the Hobbs Medical Clinic.
- Nor-Lea along with community volunteers continues to stockpile Personal Protective Equipment.
- Areas of Concern:
- Protection of our vulnerable populations; both seniors and patients with chronic diseases. Social distancing is critical over the coming weeks. A large spike in the spread of COVID-19 will overwhelm the resources of most hospitals in New Mexico.
- Peak of COVID-19 infections anticipated in mid-April in NW New Mexico spreading east into early May. The level of the peak will depend on how each region complies with social distancing.
- Nor-Lea wants to provide the public with accurate information regarding COVID-19 and precautions the public can take to protect themselves. See www.nor-lea.org.
- Supply chain disruptions with masks, gowns, gloves and face shields continue to be an issue with resolution not expected until May.
- Emphasizing the use of our hotline if you suspect you may have symptoms of COVID-19 rather than going to ER. Contact 575-396-9090 to speak to a healthcare professional. If you meet criteria (fever, and/or cough, shortness of breath and travel to high risk areas) you will be directed to our screening/testing sites for further evaluation.
- Visitor restrictions have been implemented. No visitors in patient rooms or emergency room. Our clinics restrict patients to only one visitor. All public meetings have been canceled on our campuses. Dietary closed to the public. Educational classes have been canceled. Gift Shop and Auxiliary operations temporarily suspended.
- Restricted access points to Nor-Lea Hospital District. Limited to Lovington Medical Clinic, ER and North Entrance to Outpatient Center. All individuals entering the building will be thermal scanned.
- Nor-Lea complying with Governor’s Executive Order to eliminate non-essential visits. Non-essential is defined as services, procedures or surgeries that can be delayed 3 months without causing harm to the patient.
- Telephonic, skype and FaceTime visits being set up for our primary care clinics.
Nor-Lea Main Campus
UNITED IN SERVICE. TRUSTED FOR LIFE.
SCHOOL BOARD MEETING ANNOUNCEMENT
The Lovington Municipal Schools Board of Education will hold a Board Work Session on Tuesday, April 14, 2020, at 7:00am, Via Zoom, in the Conference Room at the Central Office, 18 W. Washington, Lovington, New Mexico. To follow will be the Regular Board Meeting on Tuesday, April 14, 2020, at 6:00pm, Via Zoom, in the Conference Room at the Central Office, 18 W. Washington, Lovington, New Mexico. The agenda will be available at the Office of the Superintendent at 18 West Washington, Lovington, NM, 72 hours prior to the meeting.
Click here for more info
LMSD is closed for the rest of this school year.
The Lovington Student Healthcare Center will be closed
until further notice.
Stop the spread of germs:
Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue
then throw the tissue in the trash.
Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
Clean and disinfect frequently touched
objects and surfaces.
Stay home when you are sick.
Wash your hands often with soap
and water for at least 20 seconds.
(Official 2019-2020 Calendar)
(Unofficial color coded calendar)